Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ahh...memories...

Every time I log into my mail.ru (popular Russian e-mail site) account, on the main page, past the news feed and advertisements, I notice, in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, a series of pictures. These are, I assume, pictures that have all been taken (and posted) by users. I've investigated this and found that they are categorized by topic and you can also search by topic and/or key words. Tonight, I saw a picture of this little girl (Vika was her name) holding a kitten. She was standing in front of a green-painted fence and looking straight into the camera - not serious, but also not smiling. For some reason this photo struck me, though I moved on and, later, wasn't able to locate it again when I had the following idea. I thought, "wouldn't it be cool if every now and then I just did a random search by a given topic and picked out the first photo that reminded me of Ukraine and/or just really struck a chord with me?" The answer is, "yes, that would be very cool" and nice, simple way to reminisce, when I can't always rely on my own pictures and/or memory to re-light the memories of days spent in Krasnograd.

So, with this in mind, the first picture to appear will be this random page from an old yearbook from School No. 4, featuring Yevtushenko Tetiana Vasil'evna - the later-director of School No. 4
and reason I ended up in Krasnograd, as she was the "mover and the shaker" behind getting a volunteer. (See top left photo)



No comments: