Monday, March 06, 2006

Is a mission statement called for?

So, yeah, never had a blog before. Never kept a diary or journal or even a planner for that matter. I imagine my main reason for even thinking of keeping a blog is simply to compete with my friend Robin, who, I just found out, has been keeping her own blog a secret from all of us for the past three and a half months. ;-) Actually, she did inspire me to do this, but unbeknownst to her, which therefore means I'll most likely not tell her about this until far into the future as a kind of unnecessary and childish retribution. I've also never been good about these things, so it's possible this will be the only words I ever post.

My other impetus for starting a blog is that this will be a better way, I hope, of keeping my friends in Ukraine (the ones with Internet access) up to date with the goings on in my life. Now that I know I can type in Russian (Ура!!), I have yet another outlet to practice using that cumbersome language. It seems appropriate that I thank my friend Dima in Krasnograd, since he long ago suggested that I do this, though on a Russian site.

Most likely, nothing profound will ever be found here, just the everyday mundaneness that is my life. If something insightful or witty should ever appear, I apologize. Though if that should happen, more likely than not it will be something I stole from someone else and wanted to share with you. And I seriously doubt I'll be moved to write something every day.

Finally, as Robin hinted, we all suffer from a bit of narcissism from time to time, even someone as self-deprecating as me.

No comments: